Rules Of Conduct
PATS Code of Conduct:
(Applies to all vehicles, bus stops, & buildings)
- Pay the correct fare when boarding
- Respect others at all times
- No profane or vulgar language on PATS property
- Do not defecate, urinate, or release other body fluids on the bus
- Radio, cassette, cd, music player with headphones only with the volume level so that others can't hear it
- Do not abuse, threaten or attack other passengers or the bus operator
- Do not board bus under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Do not engage in lewd or offensive conduct or indecent exposure
- Do not place anything on the floor that may roll or move when unattended
- Properly controlled “service animals” accompanying disabled persons are the only animals permitted
- Be polite, leave the front seat available for senior citizens and disabled people
- Prohibited items include, but not limited to: Guns, Hazardous Materials, Explosives, Knives, and Dangerous Liquids
- Reduced Fare Passengers must present required identification upon boarding, or pay the full fare
- No smoking, drinking or eating in PATS vehicles
- All passengers must respect the comfort of others sensitive to fragrances and consider a “scent free” environment of the vehicle
- All passengers are required to abide by applicable safety belt regulations
- Please remain seated until the bus comes to a complete halt
- All passengers must be fully clothed, including shirts and shoes
*Violations will be reported to the local authorities for disposition. Buses are equipped with audio/video recording devices. Violators forfeit any unused portion of pass, ticket or cash fee.
To provide safe, reliable transportation service to the public, we must limit carry-on packages to what the boarding passenger can safely bring aboard at one time.
- When exiting a vehicle, make sure to take all belongings.
- Do not accept packages from strangers or agree to carry any packages from one location to another.
- Report any suspicious packages, people or activity to your driver or PATS immediately.